Pronto Finance was set up to help adult borrowers when they needed money, providing a faster, fairer alternative for finance.
But as a Kiwi owned and operated company we also like to ensure Kiwi kids get as many opportunities as possible.
So at Pronto we take an active role in supporting organisations that benefit Kiwi kids. Through a range of sponsorships and scholarships, we believe we can make New Zealand just that wee bit better.
We’re involved with a number of organisations throughout New Zealand, specifically sponsoring those that have a focus on developing Kiwi kids. From sports clubs, to educational events, to school fundraisers and even the sponsorship of individuals seizing an opportunity, Pronto is always looking to help out. If you’re part of an organisation that needs assistance, and you offer a genuine benefit or opportunities to Kiwi kids, we’d love to hear from you.
The Pronto Finance Scholarship
This is a annual scholarship provided to a student attending their first year at the University of Otago. It’s designed to help kick start the studies of a Kiwi student who is studying Commerce and has traditionally been awarded to students from the Nelson and Marlborough regions. However as of 2020 applications are open to students throughout New Zealand.
The Pronto Finance Scholarship is designed to help a student who seeks to make New Zealand a better place, with preference given to those who can show a record of improving their community throughout their schooling years.
- A New Zealand citizen or permanent resident.
- Currently enrolled in their first year at the University of Otago, studying a Bachelor of Commerce (Bcom) degree.
Value and number awarded
- $500 will be awarded to each successful applicant.
- One scholarship is awarded each year, with the possibility for more scholarships to be awarded, at the discretion of Pronto Finance.
- Applications close on March 31st each year.
How to apply
- Please get in touch by sending a message through the below form and we will reply with details of the application process. The final decision will be made prior to April 30th each year with payment made to the successful applicant in the month of May.